This exceptional park is named for Charlie, the beloved dog of Merv Griffin, celebrated entertainer and previous owner of the land on which Wickenburg Ranch has been developed.
The park features covered picnic areas, restroom facilities a play area for children, a small dog park and an expansive dog park, water fountain for your furry friends, and plenty of room to roam and explore. In honor of Merv's best friend, you'll find a feature bust of Charlie. Be sure to rub his nose on the way in for 7 doggy years-worth of good luck.
Charlie's Park Rules
- Park hours are dawn to dusk daily.
- The park is for use by Wickenburg Ranch Community Association residents and their guests only.
- All dogs must display current license tag.
- Dogs shall be current with all vaccinations and in good health.
- Dogs must be kept on leashes until they are in the park and the entrance gates are fully closed.
- Once in the park, leashes must be removed.
- Dog handlers must be in control of and in visual contact with their dogs at all times.
- Dog handlers must be at least 18 years of age.
- Minors must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- Dog handlers must clean up after their dogs and dispose of waste promptly.
- Owners or custodians of a dog are responsible and legally liable for the acts and conduct of their dog(s) as well as their own actions when in the park.
- No digging by dogs allowed; handlers shall repair any holes dug by their dog.
- No female dogs in heat are allowed in the park.
- Smoking, alcoholic beverages, glassware and food (human or pet) are not allowed inside the dog park.
- Any dog showing signs of aggression must be leashed and removed from the premises immediately.
- Any incident involving a dog bite should be reported to the Wickenburg Animal Care & Control at 928-684-5451., 911 in the case of an emergency or to the Community Association staff at 602-906-4948.
- Do not groom dogs in the park.
- Any dog owner who fails to comply with the above rules may be asked ot leave the park and/or be fined.
- All other Wickenburg Ranch Community Association rules apply.
- Handlers and owners assume all risks related to the use of the dog park.
To report park concerns, please contact the Wickenburg Ranch Community Association at 602-906-4948 or 602-957-9191 (AAM, LLC direct line).